About Me

My photo
I am a wife,mother and grandmother with a passion for cardmaking and Cairn Terriers. I am also an independant Stampin' Up demonstrator. Cilla's is a one up one down cottage attached to our 17th Century house and is now my craft haven. The Cairn above is my Champion dog, Shearwater Cae de Sonhas (Sonny).

Thursday 12 January 2012

Wednesday workshops

Yesterday was our first day back after the Christmas break. We last met on Dec 7 when we all went out for lunch. Everyone pays 50p per week and we have a Midsummer Lunch and Christmas Lunch. We also pay 50p per week for Birthdays and everyone receives £25 on the Wednesday nearest to their Birthday. We decided on this rather than buy each other presents.

Anyway, back to yesterday, it was lovely to see everyone again and hear about their Christmases and catch up on news etc. We were 2 short May couldn't make it and Margaret 2 is away on a cruise, lucky girl. As you may have guessed we have 2 Margarets. There are 2 sessions afternoon and evening and we made these cards and a brooch.
The hat idea came from a swap I received at Convention, it was from a French lady. I ran it through the Square Lattice embossing folder after putting the black faux stitching around the edges. It's made from the 13/8 and 3/4 inch circle punches. I used Basic Black and Very Vanilla, The Dotted Scalloped Border, and Scallop Trim Border punches, and the sentiment is from the hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes.
I can't remember the name of the DSP I used on this card, it was from the last catalogue, I used Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla and Whisper White, for the sentiment under the flap, which was from Curvy Verses.
The leaves are with the Little Leaves Sizzlet Die and the Circles are the 13/8 and 1 inch punches, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon finishes it off.
The last card we made  is Beau Chateaux DSP, Soft Suede and Pink Pirouhette CS. Stamps were Everything Eleanor,Just Believe and Raining Flowers, which is from the new Mini Catalogue. I think I will be using this one quite a lot there are a lot of elements to it. Ink and ribbon were Soft Suede. The flower behind the embellishment is made from the 5 petal flower punch, stamped with the swirls from Everything Eleanor, and the smallest flower on the Fun Flowers die. I layered them then cut them in half befor sticking them between the soft suede and pink layers.
And finally this is the brooch, the idea for the brooch came from another SU demonstrator, Helen Read who has very kindly adopted me into her team as my upline is a couple of hundred miles away and I can't get to her trainings, so Helen invited me to hers and for that I am very grateful, I went to Convention with her and 4 members of her team and we had a whale of a time.
Back to the brooch it is made from Timeless Portrait Fabric which I painted with a mix of PVA glue and water (Helen's tip as well) left to dry over night then cut out the largest and smallest of the flowers +  the small circle of the Fun Flowers die. It cuts brilliantly after the treatment. Then the red is some felt I had in, and the middle flower and plain circle are in this. I had a number of colours so everyone chose a colour to go with something they were wearing, they all looked great with the black and white fabric. The diamantee brads are some I already had.
As you can imagine we had two good sessions, though I had cut all the black and white bits beforehand to save time.
I really enjoyed being back in the swing of things, but I had got out of the routine and there were a few things I had forgotten and had to go running in to Cilla's for.

That's about it for now, back soon
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment