About Me

My photo
I am a wife,mother and grandmother with a passion for cardmaking and Cairn Terriers. I am also an independant Stampin' Up demonstrator. Cilla's is a one up one down cottage attached to our 17th Century house and is now my craft haven. The Cairn above is my Champion dog, Shearwater Cae de Sonhas (Sonny).

Thursday 3 May 2012

Home

We had a great weekend. Harrogate was good we managed to miss the very heavy showers, we were either having coffee, lunch, chatting in a greenhouse to the salesman or just sitting inside each time there was one, so very lucky. We ordered a new greenhouse, amazingly from a firm in a village about 4 miles away from where we live. We also ordered a bench which turns into picnic table and 2 benches. The chap that makes them said he couldn't claim inventing them as they are known as Monk's Benches and have been used for centuries in monks cells as they have very little space.

Friday we were up a 5 and on the road at 6. Arrived in Ireland for lunch then met Dominic from school, he had no idea we were going so the look on his face was a picture when he saw us in the car. He wasn't quite sure what to say, which is amazing as he never stops talking usually, but he soon got back into his stride. The party wasn't until Sunday so Saturday was preperation day (after football practice, and that's Gaelic football!! It was good fun to watch all little ones, boys and girls, having a great time.) Jonathan, my son, had bought a marquee and had almost put it up so we had that to finish and some final preparations of food. No one else had had a party at home, they usually go to the play centre, so it was a novelty for them all. Luckily it didn't rain on Sunday, the sun shone but it was very windy and Jonathan was a bit worried about the marquee, but all went well.They have about an acre so the children had a great time running round, playing golf and football. They played pass the parcel but that and when they were eating were the only times they sat down.  None of them wanted to go home when their parents arrived and the parents had to chase around to catch them. One little girl came and sat beside me at the end and said "This is the best party ever" so I can imagine a few more wanting parties at home. We arrived home Monday absolutely shattered. I was in bed by 9.30.

I heard last night that the scheduled posts all came up on the last day, I don't know what I did wrong there, will have to have another go sometime to try and get it right.

We had a problem with the electrics tonight, all the sockets wouldn't work. Norman managed to get the ones in the house working but Cilla's was and still is without lights and sockets, so my time was cut short!! I needed to make a card and a gift bag as Jackie who looks after the dogs when we are away is not going to be doing that from tomorrow. So here they are.


I've used Pear Pizazz CS, a retired DSP, Lucky Limeade pleated ribbon (I love this) The thank you stamps are from the Thank You Kindly set with basic black ink. The 3 "Cairns" are a Little Clair Set, and the one on the Gift Bag, and the sentiment underhim are ones I've had for years the packaging has worn out and they are stored in cd cases so I don't know who made them. It's just the head and I stamped the sentiment underneath then cut it out as if he is leaning over.
I hope she likes them, it is going to be a very emotional day tomorrow as she has been with us for 15 yrs. She is still coming 2 days to help with the cleaning so the thank you's are from the dogs.

That's about all the news for now, hope you didn't get too bored reading it.

Thanks for looking in

Back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, you have been busy! It sounds like the party was a great success. These are such lovely cards, I'm sure Jackie will love them.

    ReplyDelete