About Me

My photo
I am a wife,mother and grandmother with a passion for cardmaking and Cairn Terriers. I am also an independant Stampin' Up demonstrator. Cilla's is a one up one down cottage attached to our 17th Century house and is now my craft haven. The Cairn above is my Champion dog, Shearwater Cae de Sonhas (Sonny).

Saturday 12 May 2012

Here again

Hi Folks, sorry for the long delay again as usual cirumstances got the better of me. I've just got back from Stampin' Up Training day and had a great time so all fired up again, with lots of inspiration, there are a lot of very talented people out there.
I made some new SU friends as it was not at my usual place because that is next week and we are away for 2 weeks starting Tuesday. We are off to Alaska, not a sunbathing holiday methinks, but I bought a new swimsuit just in case!!! There should be some good pics when we get back.

I've got 2 Cards for you today, both birthday cards, one for Jackie and one for May one of our card class ladies who was 80 on Thursday. We had a "fuddle" on Wednesday evening for her instead of making cards. Just in case you are not from these parts and like me when I first heard the term have no idea what a "Fuddle" is, it's when you have a party and everyone brings something to eat. May had no idea and was really suprised, it was good just to sit and chat for a couple of hours as when we make cards the chat is a bit thin on the ground.

The first one is Jackie's, it was her birthday on Thursday too.


I used the front of a ready cut shaped card and stamped and scored it, before brushing with Soft Suede ink. Soft Suede and Whisper White CS, Soft Suede ink. The image is from the Ornate Flowers set, and Soft Suede Taffeta ribbon for the trim.


This is the one I made for May. I used Whisper White and Early Espresso CS, Cut a square of Whisper White, scored it again the Simply Scored Tool is great for this. This time I used the ridged side up, cut the edges with the scalloped edgelits die before brushing with Crumb Cake ink. The image and sentiment are from the Apothecary Art Stamps, stamped in Old Olive and coloured with marker pens, the sentiment in Early Espresso. The Apothercary Art Stamps fit the Framelits Dies beautifully, I cut the white border from around the image then cut the same size in Early Espresso so that I had a narrower border. The sentiment I stamped on a strip of Whisper white, cut a V out of one end and curled the other end around a cocktail stick before sticking onto the image with sticky pads. The Butterflies from the Beautiful Wings cut and emboss die, I used the 2 smallest sizes. The shape under her name is punched with the first of the Triple Doiley punch shapes. You can see some of the bakers twine the butterflies are holding. In the top left hand corner I pulled a thread in a piece of Soft Suede Taffeta ribbon to gather it up and stuck it with sticky dots, pleated a short length of Crochet lace, and put the 2 tiny butterflies on top. Finally I put a medium pearl where each of the lines cross and a tiny pearl on each butterfly. 

Hope you like them, wont be back for a while again, not going to try the scheduling as it didn't work last time and I need to look into it again to see where I went wrong!!!!!!

Can't wait for the holiday, will tell you all about it when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment