About Me

My photo
I am a wife,mother and grandmother with a passion for cardmaking and Cairn Terriers. I am also an independant Stampin' Up demonstrator. Cilla's is a one up one down cottage attached to our 17th Century house and is now my craft haven. The Cairn above is my Champion dog, Shearwater Cae de Sonhas (Sonny).

Friday 4 May 2012

Sad Friday

Well Jackie is no longer coming every day and we were both a bit tearful at times but she loved her card and gift bag, I bought her a necklace with a small diamante "Cairn" to say thank you from the Cairns for looking after them. She was very touched and that's when the tears started. We went out for lunch and had a good talk about things that she had had to do whilst being here, so we laughed a lot. She's back next Friday but it feels like the end of an era.

The electrics are still playing up but the electrician has been today and isolated it to the garage so I had lights in Cillas, hooray!!!!. I made a start on my swaps for training next Sat. I am going to the one in Leamington Spa as we will be away for the Leeds day. I'll put one up when they're finished.



This card is one I made a couple of weeks ago, inspired by Barbara Gray. I used her technique of stamping on the reverse of acetate, then covering it with double sided sticky (seem to be using a lot of that recently after it being in the drawer for ages) and rubbing gilt flakes all over. The stamp I think is Personal Impressions, but not sure as all my old stamps are in cd cases as I said yesterday. When I started storing them like that I didn't know I was going to start a blog so there was no need to keep the packaging. The base card is Naturals Ivory, the image is mounted on Very Vanilla then Basic Black. The sentiment is from Curly Cute stamped and embossed with clear glitter embossing powder on to Basic Black mounted onto Very Vanilla then again onto Basic Black.

I've got a new computer screen and its fabulous, it is about 24" wide and I don't think I need new glasses anymore as I can see what I am doing without leaning right forward. I didn't know Norman had ordered it and when I came into the computer room after tea he was setting it up a great suprise. He has a big screen for his computer but mine is Bigger!!!!!!

A quick photo before I go


This is Dominic enjoying Cookies and a drink after school on his birthday, Wednesday, at a new cafe called the Street in Tralee.

That's all for today folks, thanks for looking in.

Back Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment